Saturday, September 10, 2005

()

It's a lazy Saturday, and I've already watched my (early) fill of college football. I'm hardly a Notre Dame fan, but I am definitely not a Michigan fan... and so I'm pleased with the upset.

But now I'm bored.

What to do, what to do.

I got a few books out of the library... cleaned up a bit... sobered up a bit... but I wish I had some plans for THIS evening, really. Something to distract me. Because I'm having one of those "overthinking" days that we all have from time to time.

Oversensitive.

A bit down.

Ugh.

***

Which is ridiculous, because I ended up having a really good night last night. Perhaps I'm suffering today by comparison... yeah. Maybe that's it.

I met Benton (yes, at the rest stop) and we drove up to Baltimore to see Doug. Doug lives... I don't know, 5 minutes from Ilise, at most? Very similar neighborhood... a great rowhome in the middle of a (possibly) dodgy area. As Doug has lived there for 4 years, though... I'll assume he's doing more than OK.

Especially given his rooftop deck... what a fantastic view of the city.

Anyway, last night was a bit of a blur. Bar hopping around different sections of Baltimore. Lots of fun, a good amount of drink... and a nice tour. I was a bit worried that between the fact that Doug and I are both undergoing some shit, and the fact that I've never *really* hit it off with Doug, it wouldn't work. Thankfully, it wasn't a problem.

Doug's good people.

I wound up crashing at Mike's parents place... and I slept like a champ.

But waking up... that was the problem. Waking up when you're still a bit loaded... having to face parents who aren't your own... not really being able to walk a straight line...

It could have been much worse than it was, let's just say. Thankfully, Mike's parents are great.

Thank goodness, by the way, that Mike and his dad realized MD-Clemson was a noon start, and not a 6pm game, as they'd thought to be the case.

THAT would have sucked.

***

Listening to one of my favorite Arcade Fire songs, "Wake Up," as performed with David Bowie on some TV special the other night.

And...

No. Doesn't seem to work.

Love Bowie, certainly love the Arcade Fire... but it just doesn't seem to work.

Whereas their performances with David Byrne... well worth your downloading dollar.

***

Andy loved his TV. Going to make for a nice MNF watching experience, right, buddy?

Eagles, 31-17.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you were up here on Saturday night and didn't call! what's up with that? So bummed out, seeing as we were out too. hope all is well there.

FYI- billy idol in concert rocks.

David said...

I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't know I was going to be in Baltimore until an hour or so beforehand.

Plus, the other guy... I didn't know whether *I'd* get along with him myself! Even though he was a classmate... I had never really hung out with him all that much.

Excuses, excuses. I just suck.

Glad Billy Idol was great, though!

RN2B said...

You are forgiven, but lets make plans to get together soon!