Friday, September 16, 2005

GOPolice Blotter

Jeb's son arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest.

Karl Rove's got the kidney stones.

Dick Cheney's having surgery next week to treat an aneurysm in his leg.

Wow. Suddenly Dubya's got it easy, huh?

***

Just watched Friday Night Lights. Great movie. And just like Field of Dreams, I didn't mist up at all.

Really, I didn't.

I swear.

*cough*

Why won't you believe me?

***

Good talking with Jeff and Liza tonight. It had been much too long. And all of the sudden, Sabrina's walking?

Wow.

Not all is roses, though. Jeff still likes the Jints, apparently.

We'll have to do something about that.

How can a guy be so smart, so gifted, and yet so fundamentally misguided?

Oh, well. God will be the final arbiter, and I'm pretty sure He digs Gang Green.

***

Was that over the line?

***

Comedians I hold dear at this particular moment, 3 of whom are quite dead:

1. Bill Hicks (always #1)
2. Lenny Bruce
3. Zach Galifianakis
4. Mitch Hedberg
5. A cop-out, but anyone in the Mr. Show family, including:

David Cross
Bob Odenkirk
Brian Posehn
Patton Oswalt
Paul F. Tompkins
Sarah Silverman (status in doubt, given immensely questionable and horrific relationship with Jimmy Kimmel)

... and assorted guest stars cool enough to know that this was one tremendous show while it was actually happening.

***

This is a devastating setlist.

Sigur Ros, in case you were wondering.



***

wilco - i am trying to break your heart (live)
broken social scene - ibi dreams of pavement (a better half)
franz ferdinand - the fallen
tv on the radio - dry drunk emperor
clap your hands say yeah - satan said dance (live)

3 comments:

Mike Neuman said...

Why is that setlist devastating? That's my photo, by the way.

David said...

Devastating in the best possible way. Makes me wish I'd gone.

I don't know much about permissions, so if you'd like me to take your picture down, I'd be happy to.

Or, I could direct you to today's entry at Bradley's Almanac, as... I won't spoil it for you.

Mike Neuman said...

No no, you can leave the picture up. I was just stating it was my photo so you knew why I was asking about the devastatingness of it.