Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Trying Not to Proselytize... Failing



Please don't tell me that George Bush isn't doing enough to help the victims of the hurricane. This was taken on the Tuesday after Katrina hit, in case you missed it.

***

You know, I need to do better about keeping my politics to myself. But then, today, someone reminded me of this famous jewel, courtesy of Karl Rove:

"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."

***

New links on the right.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

what's your take on the sudden help of celebrities? Kanye West [oh please] and even Oprah, taking her show down there.


I have mixed feelings on the subject... would love to know what you think.

David said...

Debating the merits of Kanye West, Oprah, Sean Penn... that misses the point.

Celebrities and non-celebrities alike are wonderful to give... but I do like them better when they do so without drawing attention to themselves.

elizabeth said...

Amen. :)