Monday, October 24, 2005

You Know the Night Time... is the Right Time



So, tomorrow night is the (*cough*) big night. I may or may not post on it.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I will. Too much potential for high comedy.

But I probably won't write anything until Wednesday morning at the earliest. I will be leaving the office quasi-early tomorrow afternoon, so no emails, no calls. I won't be here. I'll be on the road, driving up I-395 to get to the bar 18 hours ahead of time, wearing 4 quarts of eau de toilet.

Wish me luck, kids. It should be a time.

***

Harmonium is going absolutely apeshit, by the way. If you visit the site, you'll see that the designers have added some new features, beefing it up ever-so-slightly. More graphics, more links, easier to use, that sort of thing. And more to come, if I may be so bold.

But wait! There's more!

1. We're starting to put feelers out for, and we're receiving multiple offers from, major indie labels who want to send us free CDs, give us miscellaneous schwag and/or have us interview their artists.

Now, it's not like getting an interview with U2 (or listening to Bono, as the case may be), but for a bunch of indie music snobs... it's pretty fucking spectacular. Over the past few days alone, we've heard from seven labels, including Orange Twin and K Records. More to come, inevitably.

Damn, our shit is tight.


2. Our contributors are pumping out enough product to warrant 2-3 entries a day. That pace may or may not last for long, who knows, but again... who woulda thunk it? Somehow, we've started an honest-to-goodness site, which at this rate would... continue to grow at an exponential rate.


3. Part of the reason why is that I'll soon be sending an email out to major music sites, labels and blogs, announcing our presence. My MP3 feature made a few waves (26 comments for an article at a site that no one knew about the day before? not too shabby), but after this email goes out, we'll be linked to by many more music sites. To say nothing of the tens (hundreds? thousands?) of people who click on these sites every day.

The mind boggles.


4. Coming down the pike, my album reviews of Broom (Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin), Young Adults Against Suicide (Ninja High School), and perhaps another feature.

Or four.

***

It's time for a nap. Maybe that will shake "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover" out of my head.

No comments: