Friday, November 18, 2005

The Doughboy

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I'm sure that plenty of you were distraught.

A few of today's random links.

***

Dance, you doughy bastard, dance!!!

The Doughboy doing the Robot is my current fave, if you must know.

***

On another note, President Bush was right all along.

But then you knew that, right?

Well, guess what, kids? Now, some of his supporters have written a fun "We Didn't Start the Fire"-esque singalong!!!

Click on either of the video links at the bottom of the "Wrong Brothers" post at the top of the page.

And did Olbermann just reference Country Joe and the Fish??? No wonder his ratings are constantly circling the drain...

***

This trailer got me all goosebumpy. Mostly because Marlon Brando kicks ass, even if he's, you know, dead and all.

If it won't absolutely destroy your computer, try and view the "full screen" version of the clip.

***

According to Variety, Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are in talks to star in an ice skating comedy called Blades of Glory for DreamWorks.

I don't care much for Napoleon Dynamite, but based on the other three... consider me in.

So long as by "ice skating comedy" they don't really mean "Holocaust-era drama."

***



To paraphrase one of my favorite Boston alcoholics--

"Lawyers. Can't live with 'em... pass the beer nuts."

This guy has a site worth checking out-- it'll only take you a minute.

Once the flash intro is over, check off at least one entry in the "no" column, then click the back button and switch to all "yes" entries in order to enter the site, proper.

A fine movie awaits you.

***

So, you probably want to know how last night went.

It went well... at least, I think it did. The movie (Shopgirl) was pretty good, if a bit too melancholy at points. That said, I think we both have a soft spot for Steve Martin, Claire Danes and Rushmore guy, so it was OK.

Afterwards, we went to grab a bite to eat and a drink or two.

At which point (about midway through) I told her about The Situation, and... she actually seemed OK with it. At least, I think she did.

Actually, she was a bit... staggered at first (not jaw-droppingly so, just... interested to hear what I had to say, and then not, and then she was again, and then not, etc.).

She eventually said that it was simply a "lot to process," and we changed subjects. After the requisite oddness, everything quickly went back to normal and the evening moved along.

I don't know. In many respects, it was harder for me to say (and move away from) than it was for her to hear. So we'll see. I asked her if I could take her out again (putting her on the spot-- good show, Dave), and she gave me a fairly enthusiastic "yes"... but I don't know. It's not that I don't trust her, but... it was awkward.

But then, how would it not have been awkward?

Does this mean I'm not ready?

I don't think it does. Maybe that type of conversation is never easy, and that's all it was. I shouldn't think too hard about it.

I don't know.

I just don't want to have to give that speech over and over and over again in the future to legions of second and third dates.

***

That sounded ridiculous, didn't it?

***

At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I'll be going out with Kelvin this evening, so God only knows where we'll end up by night's end.

Please pray for me.

No comments: