Monday, November 28, 2005

A Few Quick Notes

That was, by far, the longest Bar Mitzvah I've ever been to.

I mean, ever.

Look-- they're all long, when you get right down to it. I get that. But this one... my heavens. The Haftorah portion could have come in hour-long installments, and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

***

That said, it was good to see the extended family.

It was, however, strange to see them dancing to songs like "P.I.M.P." and "Get Low," though. I was very happy to realize that none of them knew (or cared) what they were dancing to.

But before that realization, I was kind of appalled.

When I wasn't laughing, I mean.

***

So, Mike (Roche) opened up a good bit this weekend. This was a very welcome thing.

He did touch a nerve with me, though. Michelle told me that over the past year or two, Mike has referred to me as Michelle's "sister," as in his opinion, I had no backbone with respect to the whole Abby thing.

That I was a big pussy, effectively.

Rather than saying something in response (what would I have really said?), I just swallowed it (because I'm a big pussy). But suffice it to say, I was less than amused when I first heard. As much as he thought he might have known about the situation... he really didn't. He wasn't there.

Whatever.

I'll stop being defensive now. It's more than time to move on.

And that shouldn't take away from the fact that he was great to be around for the entirety of the weekend.

I'm already sorry I gave that incident so much space.

I'm over it. :)

***

On a completely different note, last night may have been the worst Simpsons episode ever.

That's right. Worst. Episode. Ever. I don't think I laughed once.

***

Family Guy rated an "OK" from me... the top 3 moments?

3) Stewie's Sling Blade impersonation
2) Bobby McFerrin falling down the stairs
1) Peter's stomach having its own gravitational pull

#1 would have been the fat guy coughing up a live chicken, had it not appeared in the commercial.

***

Anybody know if the Eagles played this weekend?

***

Recommendation-- rent The Comedians of Comedy off of Netflix. Now.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Your blog doesn't suck. I've been surfing at hundreds that do. Finally. You kept me from glueing my hands to my eyes, and then my eyes to my knees. Thank you. I missed the Simpsons episode last night and was sad. I'm glad it sucked.

Cubbie said...

To defend your honor, I did get offended each time a certain someone refered to you as my sister. I think it had a lot less to do with you than you think. When bored, dear Mikey likes to find weaknesses of mine and then pick, pick, pick. (We tend to forget he is an only child and thus has been holding on to years of sibling bickering.) Yea, I'm defensive of my brother! Yea, it ticked me off when he called you names. The guy didn't even know you for goodness sakes! And he realized all of this. It was more about picking on his old lady than making fun of you. I hope you can understand that. Now go kick his ass for me...That Jerk!