Sunday, November 13, 2005

FOX Has Made a Huge Mistake (shock)

It's been awhile, I know, I know. But... don't fret. I'm here now. And everything's gonna be OK.

We don't have to rush into anything. We can cuddle.

Wait here for a second. I'll light some candles.

***

Work has blown up. In a good way. I think.

For those of you who don't know, my company president came down from on high and gave me (me! who has trouble changing a lightbulb!) a huge project to develop. Which is, to singlehandedly create a new product for Jaffe-- essentially, a product where we/I would arrange/confirm/assist attorneys with speaking opportunities at conferences, exhibitions, seminars and the like.

Which doesn't sound like much... except that it is. It is completely and totally overwhelming right now; the very definition of the type of project that could spiral completely out of control, if not very clearly defined. And as a result, this week has seen me in borderline-"uh oh" mode.

"Glass-is-half-full" Dave says it's amazing and wonderful that my boss has placed this much faith in me/has chosen to test me. "Glass-is-half-empty" Dave hears all my co-workers saying that while this is a great idea... well, let's just say that they see bumpy road ahead.

I'm sure it will turn out fine, in the long run... but I've never done anything like this before. That, and my boss has slotted 1 1/2 hours for me to give a presentation to our entire company. In less than three weeks.

If I bail on plans in the future with any of you in the next few weeks... this may be why. And I can't promise the blog entries will be as frequent. Though they might well be-- who knows? As you can tell, I enjoy the outlet.

That, and I'm one 17-sided die and a flowing cape away from being a full-fledged Dungeons & Dragons-style nerd.

***

I had a very nice night with Ellen on Friday. Though I won't go into it too much, here, I think we'll see one another again.

Sometimes, dinner and ice cream just works nicely, you know?

***

A major, major thanks to Rob, Debbie, Paul and Ilise for giving me such a wonderful day yesterday.

It's always nice to see Rob and Debbie... and I was particularly happy to be psychoanalyzed/marketed/questioned by Debbie. And I mean that in the best possible way.

When she asks me questions, and checks to see how everything is going with all of my situations... it is out of a genuine interest and compassion, not a responsibility. And for someone who, collectively, has met me fewer than five times in her life... she's pretty damned great.

Anyone who would care so much about their spouse's friends... let's just say that I'm very, very happy for Rob.

And did I mention that she's carrying twins?

***

As for Ilise and Paul-- unfortunately, Paul had to DJ last night, and so we only had (a great) dinner (at Nacho Momma's or something along those lines) to share together before he had to leave. I think he was feeling a bit sick... and so I hope he's feeling better this morning. Shout out to Paul. "West side," etc.

Not the point. Point is, after our dinner, I had the best talk with Ilise that I've had with her in, what? Years? It was just so great, in every single way, and...

Again, I won't go into it. We covered so much ground that any attempt to summarize would be completely fruitless.

What is important is that... you should all be so lucky to have an Ilise in your lives. Last night saw me just muttering to myself, the entire drive home, as to just how great she's been to me my entire life. And what I've ever done to deserve her love and friendship.

I don't mean to get sappy, to get maudlin, but really. Everytime I think I have her figured, that I appreciate and love her as much as I can... goddamn. She just takes it to another level entirely.

I can't believe the number of times I've nearly fucked that friendship up. It's like I never learn.

Anyway.

I wouldn't say I'm unworthy of everything she gives me, but... she's just so, so great. If you know and care about me, even a little bit, you'd better recognize.

***

I just wanted to say that out loud.

***

I'm so going to hear about that from Chris and Jeff. I am bracing myself already.

***

Miscellany:

New Strokes video.

The pro(s): David Cross, as always.
The con(s): The song. It's pretty forgettable, save for a nice bassline.

***

Spankin' hot new tour dates announced this week:

Yes #1.

Yes #2.

Yes #3.

***

Mario continues to be revolutionary in so many ways.



***

this week's "unintentional comedy" award goes to the following two posts I saw on a random board:



"^ You damb right!"

***

Oh, well. Maybe it was just funny to me.

By the way... make sure to mark November 16th on your calendars. Or not.



***

Four episodes left of Lost, Season One. Then, it's reading capsule summaries.

Damnit.

***

Sample lyrics from the current #1 song in the country:

What you gon’ do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What u gon’ do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I’m a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Check it out)


***

To cleanse the palate, then:

bell orchestre - the upwards march
super furry animals - ice hockey hair
toothfairy - kicked outta the band
my morning jacket - off the record
sarah silverman - you're gonna die soon (live performance in an old age home, from jesus is magic)

1 comment:

RN2B said...

please know the feeling is mutual :-)

And since when is ojmpzdz a word for verification....