Thursday, November 10, 2005

Om

First off, an overly hearty "hello" to long-lost friend and old Sesame Place anarchist-in-arms, Bruce Marro, currently working at Holy Ghost Prep for what I believe is his umpteenth year.

Though none of you will ever likely meet him, or know him, as I'm scared to have my worlds collide (and he smells kinda ripe, if you know what I mean)... he is a fine, fine gentleman. A funny bastard, in every possible sense of the phrase.

And one that I hear from about as often as I see Halley's Comet.

I do him no justice, whatsoever. You'll just have to trust me. Good guy, very happy to hear from him yesterday, for the first time in years.

In his honor, then, a spin of the new "Hell Yeah" by Neil Diamond. A shockingly good tune that takes us all back to the glory years. Whenever they were.

***

How many times do I have to tell you guys... do NOT fuck with ostriches!

***

Veddy interesting things going on at work. At the risk of getting ahead of myself... remind me to tell you about what may be going on. Good things, I think.

The situation is a bit too dry to go into here. I can make it more interesting, believe it or not, in a few short sentences the next time we talk... but I'm just not in the mood right now. Don't want to jinx it, perhaps.

***

So... last night was spent in a church.

(*sound of your jaw dropping*)

That's right. You heard me. A church. I met up with Marissa at the Unitarian Church off of River Road for an evening of meditation. And the evening was a very interesting one, as I'd always been curious to go to a mediatation class.

As it is (apparently) meditation week in DC, the place was absolutely packed. As in well over 200 people, packed. And... it was interesting.

It's hard to write about. The woman leading the class took us through a :30 hour session, with a voice like Bob Ross, telling us how to feel (along the lines of, "imagine ice, turning into water... and water, turning into gas... feel the tension in your shoulders disappear," etc...

Which was, at times, good, and at times, slightly distracting. As was the surprising amounts of noise-- especially during the orientation. Maybe we shouldn't have sat all the way in the back?

As interested as I was in meditation, I was also interested in talking with Marissa. And as you might imagine... there wasn't too much of an opportunity to do that last night.

Maybe another time.

***

Back to the salt mines.

No comments: