Thursday, December 29, 2005

Final Piece of the Year

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to type, despite this being incredibly important-- I've got a lot of work/personal stuff to get accomplished today before I hit the road tomorrow morning.

But as this is my last post of the year... maybe I should give you a few winners down the line... so that you'll remember me fondly?

***

Let me start with one of the greatest websites in history. And if you don't agree with me, well, cut me some slack, Jack!

***

There are a few people who find Chris Martin of Coldplay to be a bit annoying, apparently. I don't know that I even have an opinion on the matter-- but you might get a laugh or two by peeking here.

***

Remember these guys? Of course you do! Everyone in your office sent you the link in 2004... you remember now.

Well, they've put out a few new clips since you saw them last (election), and their year in review is worth watching. It's less than two minutes... and hey! You can be the first to send it around your office!

Maybe.

***

More Bush-bashing, here, I know... and I sincerely doubt the authenticity of this, but a few of you have sent this my way, so... it goes up. Curious, if nothing else.

***

I'm still a sucker for the occasional well-done music video... and apparently, this guy is, too. He's ranked the best 50 videos of the indie-music year, with links to watch all of 'em.

If you only have time for a few, allow me to humbly suggest Supergrass, the Decemberists, Sigur Ros and the White Stripes.

***

And finally, if you scroll down, you'll see a review, pics, and links to other reviews of the hands-down show of the year, the Arcade Fire at the 9:30 Club.

Very funny (to me) that they say it's the best concert they've seen since Radiohead in 1997... as that's the only concert I've been to that would beat it.

Anyway, if you weren't hipster/nerd enough to see them this time around... be sure to catch them next year. Their show might not change your life, but it will likely put every other show you've ever seen to shame.

And yes, Andy, that even includes Mannheim Steamroller.

*cough*

***

Thanks for being with me this year.

Even
you,
Teso.

No comments: