Monday, December 05, 2005

Narcissist

By the time I am through, everyone will know who I am, and they will fear me: the Washington Business Journal article, on newsstands TODAY. My quotes, my history, my story, littered (literally and liberally!) throughout.

Certainly a fun read for all, no? I know I learned something about myself.

***

That long-rumored Guns 'n Roses album, Chinese Democracy? Somehow, the folks at Amazon found out the release date.

***

End-of-year list junkies: get your fix here.

***

OK, OK. What about last night?

Well. Some stuff happened beforehand. But before I get to that, yet another recommendation.

If you haven't seen Murderball, get on that, pronto. Great film. And great extras on the DVD, which I haven't seen in a long time.

Remember when DVDs first came out, and all the bonus features were exciting? A real selling point? Does anyone even care about the bonus features, anymore (assuming you might have in the first place)?

***

Much of my weekend was spent apartment hunting. It's still a little bit early to be doing that, but I figured I'd give it a go.

Of the three places I went to, the two in and around the Pentagon City area were the best, and the one in Crystal City (supposedly one of the nicer places in Crystal City) was both disappointing and overpriced.

My rankings so far, then:

1) The Park at Arlington Ridge (stainless steel appliances-- whoa!)
2) River House Apartments
3) Crystal Place

I'm open to suggestions, though. Let me know if you know of any places that might be a good fit.

***

So, as some of you may already know, I was supposed to meet Amy on Friday night at Karma. Because of traffic, and a bad accident in Virginia... it ended up not happening. So we re-scheduled for last night.

She proposed that we meet at the Avalon Theatre in Chevy Chase, to see a movie called Go For Zucker.

What the hell is Go For Zucker, you ask?

Well, it's a movie that played as part of the Washington Jewish Film Festival.

You heard me.

And rather than me trying to explain it to you... well, read the short synopsis, here.

Sounds pretty damned great, huh?

Well, strangely enough... it actually was pretty enjoyable. Strangely, the theater was absolutely packed. And the Avalon, if you've never been, holds around 400 people, if I'm not mistaken. We were told this movie had won tons of awards-- the German equivalent of the Oscars, I forget what they are called-- overseas. Maybe that explains the almost-SRO crowd.

Or maybe Jews don't care about the NFL as much as I thought they did.

Either way, the theater was gorgeous, the movie was a nice surprise, and Amy... we had a pretty good time, I think. We went out for dinner afterwards (for some Chinese, shocking), and had a good chat.

Would I see her again? Sure. Have I made up my mind on her already? It's one date, fool. Absolutely not.

Well, technically, we've been on two dates, I guess... but you know what I mean.

I'm intrigued-- we'll put it that way.

***

Monday Night Football tonight with Jay (and, maybe, Jenna). Very much looking forward to hanging out and seeing Jay's new pad.

Yes, I said "pad." D'ya wanna fight about it?

No comments: