Friday, December 09, 2005

Peanut Gallery

You are all too damned funny (especially you, Holly).

***

Just got a cancellation on tonight... the girl I was supposed to see (Dena) called me to say she was sick. She was very apologetic, and very hopeful that we could do it next week, so...

Yeah. They're dropping like flies. It's got to be me, right? ;)

***

This is actually not such a bad thing at all. Beyond it being colder than a witch's tit outside, there's this: Abby was painting the ceiling the other night when this girl happened to call me up... and Abby overheard (unintentionally or not, it's irrelevant) that I was going to be meeting this girl at Jaleo. She didn't confront me about it, per se, but she did want to be sure she knew where I was going to be so that she didn't show up there herself.

This, because Jaleo is very close to where she works, and the places she hangs out at with her co-workers downtown, several times a week.

So... my fear was that, although Abby had said she'd be going to Austin Grill with her co-workers tonight, they would talk her into stalking me. And now, that's not going to happen.

Or at least, if it does happen... I won't be there. Which is pretty damned funny... even if it's all in my mind.

***

Anyone looking for something to do this evening? That doesn't involve alcohol or cigarettes?

1 comment:

brainhell said...

I'm busy.