Thursday, January 05, 2006

"I Have the Feeling... About 60 Percent of What You Say is Crap"

Dave be tired.

Having contractors in the house is never fun... but having all of the furniture in the house rearranged on top of that... now that's the cherry on top of the proverbial sundae. I've got more cabinets sitting in bathrooms, and more carpet shavings littered... well, everywhere, than... than... than there is tea in China.

Yeah! That's the ticket!

See, I'm getting all the carpet in my house replaced, so that I can enjoy it for less than a month. Truth is, the job is 85% done, and... it looks fantastic. Three of our four floors look brand-spankin' new.

Between the kids that lived here before us and the dog... what was the dog's name, again?

Oh, yeah... Venus. Well, we all did a job on the old carpets.

These new ones? You could eat off 'em.

***

Enough about carpeting. Go forth, and make animals out of the London Underground.

***

Has anybody heard who won last night's game?

Because, and maybe it's just me... it doesn't seem like anybody's talking about it.

(Vince Young for President)

***

Finally got around to watching some episodes of Entourage this week... and I gotta say... I can't believe this show hadn't existed anywhere else before.

Maybe it did, and I just missed it.

But it probably wasn't this great.

And from everything I've heard... season 2 absolutely kills season 1.

***

Did you happen to catch Letterman's slam(s) of Bill O'Reilly the other night? Yikes-- who let Dave have opinions?

And if that didn't move you... here's what followed, for the sake of context:

Letterman: “I’m not smart enough to debate you point to point on this, but I have the feeling, I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap. [audience laughter] But I don’t know that for a fact. [more audience applause]

Paul Shaffer: “60 percent.”

Letterman: “60 percent. I'm just spit-balling here.”

O’Reilly: “Listen, I respect your opinion. You should respect mine.”

Letterman: “Well, ah, I, okay. But I think you’re-”

O’Reilly: “Our analysis is based on the best evidence we can get.”

Letterman: “Yeah, but I think there’s something, this fair and balanced. I'm not sure that it's, I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.”

O’Reilly: “Well, you’re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.”

Letterman: “Well I don’t watch your show so that would be impossible.”

O’Reilly: “Then why would you come to that conclusion if you don't watch the program?”

Letterman: “Because of things that I’ve read, things that I know.”

O’Reilly: “Oh come on, you're going to take things that you've read. You know what that says about you? Come on. Watch it for a couple, look, watch it for a half hour. You'll get addicted. You'll be a Factor fan, we'll send you a hat.”

Letterman: “You’ll send me a hat. Well, send Cindy Sheehan a hat”

O’Reilly: “I’ll be happy to.”

***

Speaking of, Sweet Jesus, I Hate Bill O'Reilly. Be sure to read up on his phoney-baloney "War on Christmas" while you check that page out. Much more video from the appearance can be found there, as well.

Remember, friends-- an educated populace is like kryptonite to the Bill O'Reillys of the world. As long as people don't read the papers, as long as they rely on single sources (read: networks) for their ideas, as long as they fall prey to scare tactics without questioning... he's got an audience.

So, heal thyself.

Bitches.

No comments: