Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Ladies Aren't Pretty When They Frown"

If you're saying "huh?" to that title, that means that you haven't checked out "Ask a Republican."

So go there, already. Watch the seven short (very short) videos. Shut me up.

And if you can't figure out who the Congressman actually is (*gasp*)... I'll clue you in later. Trust me, you've seen him before.

***

Another crazy day today... again, on all fronts. At the risk of repeating myself, we're making progress.

***

Tomorrow night is the first live show I'm getting into for free because of Harmonium... the Stars/Magnet show.

I will have a review of the show coming soon, as well as at least three new album reviews (Division Day, The Green and Yellow TV, and Tally Hall).

At some point, I may get back to writing about bands that people have heard of!

Anyway, do yourself an enormous favor and download Stars' "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead" (or, apparently, the whole of the very wonderful Set Yourself on Fire) here. If you don't think it's the best song you've ever heard, I'll give you your money back.

And maybe, just maybe, I'd stop talking about it.

Prolly not, though.

***

Yet another movie that looks like it could absolutely, completely rule.

From the same guys that did the ridiculously great Ghost World and the insanely twisted Bad Santa, if that gives you your bearings.

***

Awesome.

***

Not that I ever really, truly understand our President... but what is going on here? Anyone?

Anyone?

I mean, when Hastert, Frist, and other GOP bigwigs are calling you out publicly... maybe you should ease up a bit on the veto threat... right?

And for the love of God, please, please, PLEASE stop telling us that we're the ones who are continually threatening the national security by offering dissenting opinions.

Guys-- that rubric never works!

***

Yes, I just used the word "rubric."

Deal with it.

***

D'oh!

***

Witness-- a great column by a great (in terms of size, anyway) man. Way to go, Bill Conlin.

Nobody messes with Harry the K and gets away with it!

***

Finally, Aziz Ansari is at it again.

On my blog, that is. Watch his video update of High Fidelity (sorta) here (scroll down a little bit to see the video).

Jill, if milk doesn't shoot out your nose, I owe you a cookie.

2 comments:

CA said...

"And for the love of God, please, please, PLEASE stop telling us that we're the ones who are continually threatening the national security by offering dissenting opinions.

Guys-- that rubric never works!"

Only at election time, apparently...

Jill said...

If I had milk in my mouth, it would have gone through my news.

Actually, I'm so rpoud of myself because once I stumped a guy at Other Music. I asked for the new Wrens album (Meadowlands) and he said "They're stuff is all out of print." And I said, "No, they just came out with a new one on Absolutely Kosher records."

he he.

Actually the folks at Kim's are more like that, anyway.