Thursday, March 16, 2006

Best Picture

Last night I finally saw Good Night, and Good Luck. I'm amazed that it didn't get more consideration in the Best Picture category than it did.

To be honest, I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, but I have seen each of the other nominees... and Good Night compares very nicely.



Perhaps the best compliment I can pay George Clooney (who co-starred, co-wrote and directed the movie) is that, after watching, I wanted to learn more about Edward R. Murrow and Joe McCarthy. And how many movies make you want to do that?

Highly recommended.

***

Speaking of Brokeback, it's been a week or two since the latest parody.

To keep you ahead of the curve, fresh out of the oven... here's Mount Brokeback. It gets better as it goes, so be patient.

***

Bjork is such a sellout. I'd never figure her for the Armageddon, Con Air-type blockbuster.

This should make $100 million in the first week, easy.

***

OK, I keed, I keed.

This looks a little bit more palatable. Check out Sin City 2: Electric Boogaloo.

***



(suppressing the urge to rejoice)

***

Which athlete has the better name?

Is it David Nalbandian? Or is it "Pops" Mensa-Bonsu?

Or do you have other nominees?

***

Uh... don't know if anyone has noticed... but the Phillies are 9-4 in Spring Training.

Can a World Series be far behind???

No?

Really?

Oh. Sorry to bother you.

My bad.

1 comment:

Ryan Irvine said...

According to the commercials, Carlos Mencia has a parody of Brokeback Mountain coming up, featuring Saved by the Bell actor Mario Lopez. I hope he implies that gay men enjoy anal intercourse with each other as well as caring for their bodies and their appearance, because that would just be refreshingly original, wouldn't it? No? No it wouldn't? Oh.