Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Infomercials

... are just about the only thing on TV when you wake up at 2:30 am and find yourself channel surfing.

Good morning, everybody. Hope you're feeling chipper and alert, and that the coffee has kicked in.

Me? I'm trying to recover from a bit of a lost weekend. I am very, very much off of my schedule (whatever that is, these days).

***

Ohio was great, in the sense that I got to see my family. Michelle looks absolutely gorgeous, and is excited to be in the home stretch. Seeing her house, her crazy-ass dog (who, despite being completely mental, is pretty great), and Mike and his parents again... all of these things were very good.

Unfortunately, less than a day into the trip, (after leaving a library book on the damned plane, for the record), I got very sick. I don't know how or why, but I have spent the better part of the last two days in bed, eating next to nothing. It's been miserable.

You don't need to know the details, do you?

Didn't think so. Think nausea and pain, and you'll be close enough.

Suffice it to say, I've been awake for two hours already this morning, wondering why Wesley Snipes and Jessica Simpson and Diddy feel the need to sell their souls (further) in order to sell more product.



Each of you is officially off the artistic roll call.

***

Back to my weekend in Ohio. Being in bed the whole time meant that I saw every episode of Sportscenter roughly 14 times, and watched almost every minute (or so it seemed) of both the NCAAs and the golf.

I heard that George Mason got into the Final Four... did you hear about that, yet?



Speaking of sports, did you catch the Sports Guy's marathon chat session? If not, here's the transcript.

***

Yes, I saw the Ricky Gervais episode of The Simpsons... I thought it was fantastic.



Family Guy was pretty great, too. Watching it with my dad might have been even funnier. Though it was hard to tell, I think he really enjoyed it.

***

Some links I've been meaning to post:

This article is only worth reading for the wine critic's comment, about halfway down the page.

Snide bastard.

***

Whoops.

***

This looks like a horribly wasted opportunity, doesn't it?

***

Rest in peace, Arrested Development.

***

Many of you have already seen this sculpture of Britney Spears, giving birth to Sean Preston..

If you haven't, however, or if you are at work, you might want to hold off. Not only could it get you fired, but it's just... completely disturbing.

***

Will anything go right for the Eagles this off-season?

Anything at all?

Nope. Apparently not.

Nice job, Dhani Terrio.



***

Who's with me?

***

Another music post. One of you was asking me about this, recently. It's a nice little collection of Pearl Jam rarities and covers (and apparently, it is only part one).

If you want to hear Pearl Jam singing with Robert Plant, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, etc... clicky.

***

Finally, Bush One and Bush Two.

I know the first one is a bit old, but it's worth checking out again.

No comments: