Sunday, March 19, 2006

Strange Days, Indeed

Abby's been in the house all weekend, working on the computer. Hence, the lack of posts.

Which isn't an altogether bad thing, except that... I don't know.

Read into it what you will.

Let just say that I'm looking forward to April.

***

I know I already thanked Jay for this, but again... Freaks and Geeks... where in the hell was I at when NBC showed this?

So ashamed... so behind the times. I'll just have to buy the set.

And "Southern Rock Opera" and "Heartbreaker," Jay... especially "Heartbreaker"... phenomenal stuff. Really.

***

Hope you're feeling better soon, Ilise.

In your honor...

Ferris: [his recorded message for the doorbell] Who is it? Oh, I'm sorry. I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a bad spill down the stairs. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day!

***

Hung out with Jeff last night and caught the Rahman-Toney "championship" fight.

The fight wasn't all that bad... but what made the night (and I'm not talking about the half-hour we spent watching Alien vs. Predator, afterwards) was Jim Lampley describing Toney before the fight began as,

Quote,

a "fat tub of goo."

Unquote.

Teso and I didn't repeat that line 100 times, last night. No way.

***

Better celebrity encounter: this? Or this?

***

Hope your hangover is gone by now. More later.

1 comment:

rn2b said...

Singing Nurse: I heard that you were feeling ill / Headache, fever, and a chill / I came to help restore your pluck / 'Cause I'm the nurse who likes to -