Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Takes a Licking, Keeps on Ticking

Well, what else am I supposed to do?

Thanks to Jeff for helping me through roughly 10,000 calories last night... it was a good tonic. In return, a few things (in addition to the Lifehacker link over to the right, that I recommended last night):

1. If you like Apple, and we all know that you do, you'll find this hysterical.

2. If you like Prince performing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame a few years back, and making legends' jaws drop, then you should clicky.

3. And if you want to go even further back, check out James Brown, Michael Jackson and Prince sharing a stage (kinda) in what looks to be the early 80s.

***

By the way... for those of you who mock me for keeping this blog, or question some of the personal content that I include... well, I'm not the only one, you know.

***

There might be a new contender for greatest hockey goal of all time.

***

... with a baseball bat... it's Peanut Butter Federline.

***

Please tell me this didn't actually happen yesterday.

***

I was not the only one, it seems, who saw Stars over the weekend.

Speaking of which, while that review isn't up yet (you know where), another one is... though for some reason, the link's not working correctly.

Oh, and congratulations are in order... Harmonium has its first advertiser... Filter magazine. Is that a milestone, or is that nothing?

Hard to tell.

***

Snore.

***

I wish I'd heard about this news back when I still cared about the show.

***

On another note, if I cared at all about hard rock... this wouldn't be such a bad show to take in at all.

***

Now this, on the other hand... just... ew.

***

Lots of random links were lying around. Sorry this was such a mishmash (?). Hodgepodge?

Back later with more nonsense, where you'll find the word "this" underlined a hell of a lot less.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=20410

hoser prog rockers v. indie hipsters

David said...

whoa

i don't know who you are, but that strip sparked and renewed my great love for "wowee zowee" and "by-tor and the snow dog," respectively.

good strip, good show.

now identify yourself, fool.

taffy davenport said...

c'est Megan!

I am a closet Rush fan.

But I am an out and proud MBV fan! I will always wave the Loveless flag! Long live shoegazers!!!

sorry to hear about your job. bastards.