Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hurry Up and Wait

You want to know how last night's speed dating session went?

You really want to know???

Well, so do I. But I won't find out the results until 24 hours after the event, for some reason, so... I probably won't know myself until I come home from tonight's concert.

Which gives none of us any resolution, any closure... I realize that. So I suppose that I'm left to summarize last night's event.

***

Except that I don't think that this is the means or the place in which to do it. If you want to know what went down, I'll call you about it, or something... I've nothing to hide whatsoever.

It's just that some of the things that were said last night-- all of them good things, mind you-- would read a bit awkward on the page. It'd be considerably easier to communicate them verbally.

***

It's a let down, I know.

What I will tell you, though, is that there were eleven women there last night (and maybe six guys?), and as in the past, I met a lot of great people. And yes, Steph, some of the women were even "hot," if that makes you feel better. ;)

The only other thing I'll mention here is that, after speaking with each of them for the allotted four minutes, I hung out with almost all of them again before leaving the bar, just to touch base, talk some more, and gauge how things went.

So, there you go. If it went horribly, you'd be safe to assume I'd have fled immediately. But I didn't. So, draw whatever conclusions you'd like.

***

Nothing besides that to report for now.

Sorry, gang. Trust me, though-- you'll hear about it soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.