Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Rundown

Before I begin, would everyone please wish Chris a happy 53rd birthday?

Either he tried to sneak it by us, or we all ignored it, or forgot about it, or something... but only your help can make things right again.

Maybe, if he hears from enough of you, he'll stop whining.

(come to think of it, I've been the only one whining... so... never mind)


***

I've bored a few of you with stories of the new place already, so I'll cut to the chase, rather than giving you the epic version: the apartment continues to work out magnificently.

You heard me: magnificently.

The convenience of having the Courthouse Metro right there, a gym and a dry cleaners in the building, the Apple store, Whole Foods, etc... it's great. And the reason I'm so happy about it today is that I used each of those places AND SEVERAL MORE, AS WELL!!! in the past day or two alone.

They have made my life much easier than how it had been at 5713 Clapham (driving a mile to get to the supermarket is very 2005).

Clarendon is just amazing for where I am and what I need right now.

So, yeah. Good times.

***

I'm back to an insane but satisfying schedule: up and about at 5am for a workout, in the office between 6:15 and 6:30am for the start of a 12-hour day, errands and relaxation in the evening.

Which probably sounds hideous to most of you.

But I love being up that early, and I love having less free time. I especially love feeling this busy. I have absolutely no idea how I stayed at home so much over the past several months without going completely mental.

***

There should be yet another review of mine going up on Harmonium in the next day or two, this time a review of the Streets' newest album, The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living.



The short version is that I was really, really disappointed by it.

But don't worry-- I'll get over it. I'll make it through.

***

Before I forget, the rest of the week is shaping up to be very busy... so entries may or may not be sporadic at best through the weekend.

If you remember the thing I went on twice in the Fall? That resulted in a couple of things? Some of those things being better than others?

Yeah, I've got one of those things tomorrow night.

And then I'm seeing Elf Power on Thursday evening at IOTA, if I remember to get tickets (IOTA sells no tickets in advance... you have to be standing at the door at just the right time to get in).

Friday and Saturday look to be dominated by the NFL Draft and (*cough*) draft preparation, and then Sunday... a visit from the 'rents, which should be great.

After showing them the apartment and the Container Store, though, what then?

WHAT THEN???


***

On top of all those goings-on, it's apparently "lunches with old friends week." I'll be seeing Scott Harris (of Camp Harlam fame) for the first time in a few years tomorrow; Kelvin McClinton (from Paul, Hastings) on Thursday, and Jim O'Connell, one of my closest friends from Emory Law, on Friday.

If I shouldn't make it back from any of these lunches... I'd imagine that it would be Kelvin who'd most likely do me in.

Just thinking out loud, here.

Let's hope nothing happens to make him angry. ;)

***

I don't know about you, but this news pretty much saves my ass. I'll just pull this decision out the next time I get a warning from a partner at the law firm, wondering why I'm two steps away from completing my Sudoku, instead of being 250 documents or so into the day.

I'm sure that will go over well.

***

Hoo-ah!!!

***

I'll let you know how everything goes. I promise-- every sordid detail.

(fingers crossed for sordid details)

***

pearl jam - gone
pearl jam - severed hand
pearl jam - marker in the sand
pearl jam - inside job
pearl jam - unemployable

No comments: