Saturday, April 22, 2006

Weed and Warning

Tonight was great. Jeff came over for beers, and we watched Harold and Kumar (most of it) for what was Jeff's first time.



Needless to say, he loved it. Especially Kumar's dream sequence with the giant bag of weed.

But as funny as that was... and as enjoyable as the beers were (and, truthfully, still are)... even better was speaking with Allison for the first time in what had to be several months. It had been way too long, but mercifully, it seemed like old times.

So, so great.

***

Moving on.

If I could speak with the teenage me-- say, the 17-year old version-- I'd share some things. I'd probably keep a lot to myself.

I'd laugh, I'd pity, I'd envy... much as we all would.

But more than anything else, I'd warn. I'd warn the 17-year old me that someday, when he was least expecting it, one of the most important books he'd ever read (to that point) would be made into a movie. A movie that looked bad.

Real, real bad.

Now, it's probably not fair to judge the adaption of Way of the Peaceful Warrior without having actually seen it first. But if I may make one observation, simply on the basis of the trailer... the lead role has been horribly, dreadfully miscast.

Nick Nolte as Socrates??? Come on.

See for yourselves here.

***

To cleanse the palate, something that looks infinitely more promising... the second trailer for a movie from the makers of Bad Santa and Ghost World, and starring John Malkovich: Art School Confidential

***

The latest from the world of Snakes on a Plane? Checkit.

***

This guy? He's about nine minutes and fifty-three seconds more talented than me.

(sickos)

***

What do you do when you're bored? Yesterday, I found myself updating my Amazon wish list.

What can I say? I had a lot of time on my hands.

***

Even if your name happens to be, I don't know, Michael Lowry, please don't forget about this come November.

***

And finally, be sure to check out I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, which I've added to the blogroll, off to the right.

It's always good to have more Pearl Jam love, and there's tons of fun goodies (PJ and non-PJ) there for you to pick through.

***



***

blur - black book
jesus jones - the devil you know (don't hate, appreciate)
+/- [plus/minus] - steal the blueprints
idlewild - american english
mercury rev - hercules

1 comment:

heather said...

Why, thank you thank you! Honored to be your new favorite blog. :)))