Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Essay

I'm forcing myself to sit down and write, tonight, so that this blog doesn't go completely and permanently down the toilet.

As I'm sure you've noticed, the entries have been a bit more sparse as of late... and when they come, they've been made up of one sentence here, another sentence there... with no continuity to speak of. I've barely touched upon some pretty sizable events of the past few weeks: the Showalter/Mirman show with Jeff, Ilise's graduation, Jeff & Liza's visit, this weekend's Wine in the Woods/Triathlon twinbill... lots of big stuff, barely rating a mention.

For what it's worth, I haven't even been able to motivate myself to do any work for Harmonium.

I can't explain why. I can't explain why, in particular, this blog has become the place where stories come to die. And I know that you couldn't care less, really, but the original intent of this site was, after all, to get me writing.

Well, so much for that.

A possible cause might be found with Comcast. My "new" cable provider is waaaaaay more flighty than Cox Cable had been, and in fact I lose my connection several times a night. It's pretty much the only drawback to the new apartment, but... it's very, very annoying. Enough that I'm thinking of cancelling... or at least calling Verizon.

Good thing I don't work from home anymore, huh?

Another possible reason for this half-assedness? I've been tired, as of late. Real tired. I haven't been sleeping well over the past week or two, for some reason, and as a result, my short-lived exercise program has fallen by the wayside (waist-side? way-side? Bayside?).

As you might expect, this has led to my becoming increasingly moody, despite episodes of faking my way through. Hopefully we can get this remedied and soon.

Because, obviously, that (exercise) would mean more energy throughout the day, which in turn would mean more blogging... amongst other things.

***

On a similarly happy note, I was a complete pill at work, today. I think the monotony of the job (and I'm talking contract work in general, here) has reached such a level, that if I don't get out of there soon, I may go postal.

That and the aftertaste of the relationship stuff from this weekend... well, I was simply in no mood for much of anything, today.

That said, I do have some good news...

... which I'll share with you tomorrow.

Nothing's finalized, y'know.

Don't want to jinx it.

***

By the way, you know who one of my current co-workers reminds me of?



Sweet as can be, sugar.

***

I had a very nice steak dinner with Jim this evening.

I think that as different as the two of us happen to be on the, oh, let's call it the "success spectrum," we are very much kindred spirits on the geek/pop culture line.

He told me about this weekend's Depeche Mode show, which he was lucky enough to attend.

I was enthralled.

We debated the merits of the setlist, amongst other things.

See what I mean?

Good times, right???

Hello?

(is this thing on?)

***

The season finale of Lost is on tomorrow night, so (Dad) please do not call. I will almost certainly not be picking up the phone, and you will only run the risk of upsetting me if you do call.

So. I cannot stress this enough. Be considerate, and I will repay you in kind.

As in, "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"-style gratitude.



***

Thank you for everything, Paul Grasmanis.

***

The Blues Are Still Blue.

***

Questions that don't fit in anywhere else right now:

1) Could my sister and Mike be doing any better with Ryan? Could she possibly sound any happier? Could Ryan possibly have better parents? (no, no, and no)

2) Is Au Bon Pain's sausage egg & cheese on Asiago bread sandwich-thingy really as good as I think it is? (probably not)

3) Is Clinton/McCain a fait accompli for 2008? (looks like it)

***

(fin)

1 comment:

Megan said...

B&S video - Cheers to Stuart Murdoch for 1986 fashion revival! That hat is "gaaawwwjusssss"

Oh, in case you didn't see this little gem about Phillies fans vs. Red Sox Nation:

http://blogs.philly.com/blinq/2006/05/phillies_nation.html