Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The New Hotness

My new office is so hot that I was seriously considering wearing a wife-beater to work today. Jesus-- I'm the only one in here so far, this morning, and I'm frickin' broiling.

Which probably says something about me.

That I still use the word "frickin'."

As I was saying, we moved in here yesterday morning, and our collective opinion is unanimous-- we all miss the old stomping grounds. Better facilities, better people, better building... and so for the past 24 hours it's just been one big bitch session.

There are a few redeeming qualities. For some reason, there's a pool table and a flat screen HDTV in the main lounge. Our monitors are larger (and because there are no windows, there's no glare to deal with). And I sit beside a wall-sized map of the world, so I finally know where Mike is working in the Dominican Republic (west of Puerto Rico, if you must know).

But still... the hot...

***

Which might explain why I decided to get out of the office for the better part of the day yesterday. I only billed a 5.75, which is borderline heresy in contract attorney-land (and bodes poorly for my weekend availability, incidentally).

The reasons why... first, they asked us to wait until 9:30am to show up, as they were still bringing our equipment over from across the street. Then, I had an appointment with my soon-to-be financial wizard/guru Jeff (no, not that one). And then I left early to catch up with a new friend... which was very nice.

But all you wagging tongues are going to have to wait to hear about that one. Nothing on that, here.

***

At the risk of repeating myself, YES. Yes, he does.

***

Going to the Nationals' game with Jay this evening (thank you, Chris), so that should be fun. Betweeen that and the Wolfsons' bris this weekend, my calendar is filling up, fast!

What is it with me and brises, lately?

Brie?

Bris'? Bros? What's the plural?

***

Anyway. Been busy, schedule's been a bit haywire, but happy and healthy. Resigned to not getting tickets for the Radiohead tour-opening dates in Philadelphia (tix go on sale Saturday morning if you want to try)... but as the show will be online within minutes... I'll live.

On the plus side, I learned how to program my DVR last night, so I won't be missing a very special episode of Lost this evening.

Or Purple Rain, for that matter.

Bitches.

***

Send emails. Work will be tough, today.

***

beirut - mount wroclai (idle days)
spoon - i summon you
clap your hands say yeah - upon this tidal wave of young blood
stars - one more night
elo - mr. blue sky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one likes a complainer David.