Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What Else is Neu!

1) I thought that tonight's episode of Lost only deserved a B+ (surprising, given some HUGE developments)... until the final image and the scenes for next week knocked the hell out of me.

2) Today's job also merited a B+, though in truth it may be too soon to tell. Either way, it promises to be a marked improvement over the last firm... even though there'll be a lot less Internet access at the new place (the horror!).

3) Today's phone calls, in the collective, warranted an A-... though only because Dad called me in the middle of Lost. Come on, now... you gotta know me better than that! ;)

***

Did I ever link to Wes Anderson's American Express ad?

If not, I should have. Love it.

***

Bored at work?

Here are some questions for your co-workers.

Make sure to wrinkle your nose at them and tell them they gave the "wrong" answers. Then leave to get a drink of water, so that they struggle and ask everyone else around them what was so "wrong" about what they said.

Comic gold, I tells ye.

***

Another solid music festival.

For such a large city, Washington is strangely empty-handed when it comes to these things.

And don't even try to tell me that the HFStival counts, Sublime fans. Just cram it.

***

Download this Lily Allen song. Trust me.

Or any other Lily Allen song, for that matter. She may be my new fave.

For tonight, anyway. You know how I roll.

***

I think I've heard this already, but in case it's news...

Award Tour 2006.

***

It's important to learn something new every day.

***

Finally, pardon my language, but Virginians?

Stay the fuck outta Baltimore.

***

radiohead - go slowly
nouvelle vague - the killing moon (echo & the bunnymen cover)
outkast - the mighty-o
professor longhair - big chief
muse - supermassive black hole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that I call Baltimore my home!