Thursday, May 11, 2006

Woke Up This Morning, Got Myself a Gun

Now that I've got your attention.

***

I did, in fact, wake up this morning... but with an absolutely awful feeling in my bel-leh. And on top of that, I didn't sleep all that much last night, for some odd reason.

So, I'm home, taking a sick day.

I'm entitled.

And as I've fallen behind on some of my more administrative responsibilities around the apartment... today will provide me with some time to play catch-up. Pay some bills, drop off some shirts at the dry cleaners downstairs, write a review or two that I've been repeatedly postponing... you know the deal.

But hey, you ask, where do I get off dropping a lyric from The Sopranos theme, possibly petrifying some of you in the process (which is to say, get back to work)?

Eh, given the weather, I suppose I'll watch an episode or two today, while I'm nursing my water and laying down in the fetal position.

I hope this goes away-- I hate feeling like this.

***

Last night's dinner went OK, I suppose. No fireworks to report, though.

Diner #1 is still the clubhouse leader.

***

Afterwards, and after getting off of the Metro, I got a call from the guys... telling me that they were in my neck of the woods.

So what else could I do? I threw on a Hawaiian shirt and headed over to Whitlow's.

The shirt got the desired laughs, though we failed to schedule a date for the ritual burning.

Most important, the night got my mind off of what had turned into a fairly shit-ass day. By night's end... that had all been pretty well forgotten. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive back home. The amble was difficult enough.

***

In sum,

Things are gonna change-- I can feel it.

That said... you know the line that comes next, right?

No comments: