1) My live review of the eels show has been submitted, and barring any terribleness, will be available sometime this week.
2) Please read this Largehearted Boy post about the Mountain Goats, and then download the live version of "No Children" that you find there. Even if you've never heard the song before (that shouldn't be the case, by the way), I promise you, you will get douche chills.
Now, if you missed that reference, know that it was, indeed, a reference, and one of the favorite sayings of this man.
And if you were offended... well sorry, Charlie.
3) Also, to Fluxblog with you, for the wonderful Casey Dienel cover of "Cut Your Hair."
Not simply because it's great, but because I haven't mentioned Pavement in awhile.
4) Another sexy cover here, which... I won't spoil the surprise, but it is, indeed, too great for words. Top-lefthand portion of the page, if you don't immediately know where to look.
5) Yes, the World Cup is really that great. The only thing greater is (the Self-Destruction of) the Ultimate Warrior.