* a fun happy hour with my new co-workers;
* hanging out with Jeff and Karen at my place on Friday night;
* waking up to watch England's first World Cup match (a 1-0 win);
* getting together with Andy for the second half of the match (in a Rosslyn Hyatt, strangely enough), as well as the Nats-Phils game at RFK;
* catching up with Jay, Jenna and Pia at the game;
* the Phils coming from behind to win with a 5-run 8th inning;
* getting a Chad Cordero bobblehead, which kinda scares me to look at;
* some eps of Entourage;
* getting a call from Jeff and the chance to speak with the one-and-only ENZO;
* a night with Jay and Jenna at Ten Penh and some Irish pub;
* getting back somewhere around 2:30-3:00am;
* brunch with Al for the first time in way too long;
* learning that Patton Oswalt is coming to the State Theatre August 18th;
* heading to the 9:30 Club to see the Eels tonight.
Yep. A very good weekend.
Samuel L. Jackson can't contain his enthusiasm for Snakes on a Plane.
None of us can, Sam. None of us can.
Did you know that Steven Seagal is on tour right now?
He's a bluesman.
Yeah, incredible, I know. But it's the truth.
Did you also know that he has a two-volume biography available?
Like a car accident... you can't help but look.
I suppose it could have been much worse, but still... it's pretty uncomfortable.
I don't know what the hell this is... but it seems like a good cause.
Won't you please help?