Sunday, June 18, 2006

More of an Effort

Is what I need to put in here. I know. But I've been busy, dammit.

(1) I had a great time at the Yankees/Nationals game on Friday night with Chris, Noel and Kim;

(2) I had a great time on Saturday night hanging out with Teso and watching two great bouts; and

(3) I had a great time today watching more World Cup action than any American really should.

If you were to ask me, I'd tell you that the Czech Republic - Ghana match was one of the best soccer games I've ever seen, for well over 100 reasons. And that the U.S. - Italy match wasn't far behind.

And that last night's Jermaine Taylor/Winky Wright 12-rounder was one of the best fights I've ever seen.

And with any luck, I'm about to watch Mickelson close on the U.S. Open.

***

So, it was a good sports weekend. A bit too much time spent indoors, perhaps, but hey... that's what happens, sometimes.

Next weekend I'll be up in Philly for Tracey Radbill's weddding. Which just sounds impossibly weird, but will be almost impossibly great-- it'll be my first time seeing Ryan!

***

This is why I haven't written-- because I sound like a nutter.

But I figured I'd jot something down, before my Comcast Cable connection craps out again. I'm thisclose to urging a boycott. ;)

No comments: