Sunday, July 16, 2006

Movie Magic

As I've always had a soft spot for magic (the small and efficient performances in particular, as opposed to the pompous Copperfieldian showboats), I'd ordinarily be more than thrilled to watch Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti and Jessica Biel in The Illusionist, later this year. Even though it looks to be more gloomy than thrilling.

Like I said, though, I've got a soft spot.

Somehow, however, I missed this other movie entirely... and The Prestige looks, in fact, to be one hell of a lot better.

Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, and f'g David Bowie??? Are you kidding me?

And it's directed by Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, Memento)??? That's one hell of a cast and crew.

But guess what? Someone else is involved, too, who's far more vital to the film's success (honestly).


My boy Ricky Jay.

Consider me there.

1 comment:

jed said...

oddly enough just came across this trailer myself...and I too have no idea how it slipped under the radar.

but (arguably) more importantly, behold the freshly-dropped trailer for Gondry's THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP!!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/thescienceofsleep/large.html