Thursday, August 17, 2006

Broken Play

Last night was just that-- a broken play. The playcall was for a corner route, but the snap was muffed, and I just had to scramble.

See, I originally had plans to take a friend to dinner out in Woodley Park. An hour before I'm ready to leave work, I get a call from her, asking for a raincheck.

This was something I was really looking forward to... and so I called a few people with the clear (and borderline angry) message that I *really* needed a drink... the date falling through was bad enough, but worse, it followed what had already been an immensely frustrating day at work.

So, I was upset.

Somehow, though, we realized that our agency had some tickets up for grabs for the Nationals game. So I wound up at Molly's with her boyfriend Jeremy and another co-worker, Heather, we had a few drinks, and wound up going to RFK (thanks again, LEGALSOURCE).

We were there for maybe four innings, total?

I was in no mood for ball, though I did run into Chris and Noel, who happened to be at the game as well. And it was nice to see them, even if I couldn't really abandon my co-workers for more than a few minutes.

When I got home (feeling a bit unwell for what could have been 87 different reasons), I found a letter from the ex in my mailbox. And even though it contained a check (she owed me some small amount for some small thing, who knows), I couldn't help thinking...

This wasn't how the night was supposed to go.

***

Let's hope tonight goes better, huh?

***

I think my apartment may be broken. Rather, I think it may house a lot of electrical/outlet-related issues.

Rest assured, I've called the building manager/maintenance about these issues before, but I think that they're becoming more pronounced-- in other words, the fixes are not... um... staying fixed. For instance, the hairdryer no longer works in one outlet, even though it does in another. Same with the iPod, when I need to recharge it. One outlet will work, whereas another doesn't.

Something needs to change.

I wonder if this has something to do with my chronic computer/connection issues. If all of this can be tied to faulty wiring, somehow?

No comments: