Sunday, August 13, 2006

"GIMME BACK MY SON!"

Sorry.

Even with all this Mel Gibson mularkey, and regardless of whether or not he's anti-Semetic... his famous Howard Dean-like demand to GIMME BACK MY SON! never fails to make me laugh.

And so I include it here. Regardless of whether he hates my kind.

Ahem. On with the leftovers:


1) The best film of the year that you haven't seen, and this is a guarantee, now, is Brick. Film noir, starring the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun?


You're kidding, right?

Nope-- not at all. Throw Memento, Heathers and The Big Sleep together and you might have Brick.

It's all kind of good. Trust me.


2) Mascots must--MUST-- be held accountable for their actions.


3) Thwack! Boing. Thwack! Boing.


4) Finished watching Season 5 of Curb Your Enthusiasm this weekend, thanks to Netflix. Even though the season wasn't quite as good as years past, the season finale was jaw-droppingly great.


5) Oh, yeah. I bought baskets for my entertainment center today.

They look pretty good. Prett-teh, prett-teh good.


6) Even though Carl Sagan famously treated me like shit (I think all of you know that story), he owns in this clip.

So I forgive him. I guess.


7) You probably missed this. It might not be Pat O'Brien good, but it's still pretty damned entertaining.

God bless the talking heads at ESPN. They have a reputation to uphold, and they do nothing but follow through, again and again.


8) Wish I could have been here this weekend.

I probably would have gone for several bathroom breaks during Costner's set... but still. It's frickin' Iowa. It would have been great.


9) Yes, I know about this.

No, I'm not going to listen to it.


10) Andrew W.K. would have been proud of me this weekend.

"When it's time to party we will party hard, party hard"... indeed, Andrew.

No comments: