Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's Like Throwing a Hot Dog to Try to Stop a Tornado

I'm too hung over to write a full entry here-- good night last night, but I got in after 4am-- but I did want you to check this out.

It's Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips, delivering a high school graduation speech of sorts to his alma mater. I don't want to say it's the best thing I've ever seen-- far from it-- but it does make me realize that, had our school provided us with a speaker possessing the talents of Mr. Coyne, well, I might have paid more attention to the ceremony.

That said, please remember that this is the guy who brought you (or, is going to bring you, theoretically, around the time of the Chinese Democracy release) Christmas on Mars.

So take it with a grain of salt, a capsule of fake blood, a giant hamster wheel, what-have-you.

***

The geniuses at Apple solved my problem. They suggested I download some software... which I did, and which I was able to use to rip all the music off of my old, defective iPod.

They gave me a new iPod, I threw all the songs on there... it's like nothing ever happened. Catastrophe averted.

***

Eventually, I'll stop telling you how funny Aziz Ansari is, because you'll already know he's the funniest motherfucker on the planet.

***

With the possible exception of me, of course, simply because I'm giving you this video (can't wait to be able to embed these again, by the way).

"No thank you, sir," indeed.

No comments: