Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Modest Proposal

Forgive me for being oblique, here.

***

Someone I know is going through a particularly tough time right now. The who and the what... those things aren't relevant to the point I want to make, so you'll forgive me if I don't explain any further.

Needless to say, it's a situation where I want to help, to do whatever I can... and unfortunately, my options are a bit limited, now, for any of a number of reasons.

That happens, sometimes. It can be difficult to lend a meaningful hand, despite the best of intentions.

So, instead, and if you wouldn't mind... I'd just like you to take a few moments out of your day, today, to either think some positive thoughts my friend's way, or better still, I'd like for you to do something nice for a friend of yours. Any friend will do.

It does not have to be me, mind. ;)

But it can be anything. Really. Let them know how you are. Ask how they're doing. Suggest a night out.

Or make a donation to charity.

It really doesn't matter. Just... if you don't believe in karma, then pretend that you do, for one day, and pass some positive thoughts our way.

Thanks.

No comments: