Sunday, September 24, 2006

Quick Music Post

As we approach the 3/4 mark of the year, I decided to take a gander at what my Top 10 albums list might look like by year's end.

And it is astonishing who, as of now, is in danger of NOT making the cut. I love all of these albums, but as things stand... they're on the outside, looking in.

In alphabetical order, then, my list of also-rans:

Band of Horses
Beirut
Birdmonster
Cold War Kids
Devotchka
Division Day
Final Fantasy
Flaming Lips
Gnarls Barkley
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
Lupe Fiasco
Midlake
Morrissey
Mountain Goats
Neko Case
Pearl Jam
Pipettes
Raconteurs
Sufjan Stevens
Twilight Singers

Beck, Dylan, the Hold Steady, a few others... I haven't heard their albums yet. Same with some of the more notable omissions from the list above... unless they're already slotted between 1 and 10, of course.

But I can tell you it's gonna be really difficult to break into my Top 10.

Take that, Zimmy!

***

harvey danger - elvis, i don't love you anymore
radiohead - like spinning plates (live)
cake - mahna mahna (sesame street cover)
ghostland observatory - midnight voyage
beach boys - wouldn't it be nice

No comments: