Wednesday, September 27, 2006

See His Pug Nose Face


This morning is marked, as much as anything else, by what may be the final installment, ever, of "The Ricky Gervais Show."

This makes me sad, even if I never, ever, referred to Ricky Gervais as "The Podfather," as is suggested by the above-linked article.

Anyway, as you know, the show is damned near the funniest thing I've ever heard... and it will be missed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a season four, or a Christmas Special, or a Microsoft-sponsored installment, or something... but in the meantime, let me give you something else, Gervais-related.

It's not airing in the US just yet, but season 2 of Extras has started in the UK. Last week's episode featured David Bowie, and what happens in this clip... it's just beyond fantastic. Possibly the greatest thing Gervais has written to date. I implore you to take three minutes out of your day and watch.

***


A few years past the last time you cared, I'd guess... but who wants to see every episode of The Simpsons that's ever been aired?

***

Thank you, GQ, for pointing out the best best Chris Berman story in history.

Whether it's true or not, it's all sorts of hysterical. And as I pointed out to a co-worker yesterday, it's much funnier than Stuart Scott's eye injury (you can check that out on wikipedia yourself... I don't have the heart to link to someone else's misfortune, even if it is Stuart Scott's).

***


As a huge fan of the (old era) of The Boondocks, I don't know how to feel about this, though if means more cartoon eps are coming... I suppose that'll do.

***

Maybe I should start keeping my opinions to myself. Just in case.

***

Completely missed this... I would have celebrated, had I known.

***


We are mere moments from Bill O'Reilly declaring a "war on
teddy bears." Just thought you should know that teddy bears are under attack from the far left, liberal-wing nutjob crazies.

Or so you'll hear.

The truth... is far more sinister.

No comments: