Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hoping For A Better Day

First off-- who or what the hell is this???


Answer further down.

***

Yesterday was a shit-ass day at work. No need to go into it here, of course, but let's just say I had to close my door on more than one occasion to calm down and to collect myself.

Which, unfortunately, speaks more about me than to what was going on.

I need to calm down, sometimes. Things weren't that stressful, in hindsight-- I just made them that way.

Need to work on that.

***

By the way, I forget whether I'd mentioned it or not-- we move this weekend. Friday is our last day at the Metro Center location.

As of Monday, we'll be at 1625 I Street, at Farragut West. Hooray, and all that.

***

Thankfully, the night was better than the day. I met up with Ary and spent the night just hanging out and drinking Zimas.

Kidding.

Ary had originally invited me to join him at Trailer Night, but we decided that we wouldn't be able to hear ourselves think if we went there.

So, we went to Harry's instead, where we discussed the Middle East, per usual, our mutual love for Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, per not usual, the DC housing market, and a whole mess of other things.

Note to self: start hanging out with Ary more often. Fun guy.

***

A few random links:

If you're not reading this everyday, you're not much of an NFL fan.

Just saying.

***

A nicely-written defense of Joanna Newsom's new album, which I love, but which you would almost certainly hate.

***

With apologies to Pete, the answer to this question is a very loud "no." Read the article to find out why.

***

Apparently, Michael Chabon got bored with maintaining his website.

I'm actually happy about this, as he never updated his site.

Slacker.

***

Speaking of, the Simpsons crew did a great job drawing Chabon, Franzen, Wolfe and Vidal... with one exception.

In real life, isn't Tom Wolfe 3 apples high? Why is he looming over the other guys?


***

Answer!

The picture above is obviously Debra Winger in Urban Cowboy.

***

Speaking of which, if you're looking to get, um, "Debra Winger" a gift this holiday season... might I suggest this?

***

Thoughts and prayers to a friend of a friend.

No comments: