Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Yep, it's Voting Day. Or Election Day, if you prefer. So make time in your busy, busy schedule to get to the polling place.

Or voting booth, if you prefer.

Just get on it. It's the slack-jawed yokels who don't vote who've put us where we are today.

And yes, I'm speaking to you, Ohio. ;)


***

That "wink" means I don't want any super-serious comments about Republicans versus Democrats.

It was a joke.

So lighten up, Francis.


***

Last night was the first trivia night in a few weeks, and sadly, we placed fourth overall, missing third place by 1 point, second place by 2 points and yes, first place by a lousy 3 points.

This, despite the fact that there were only three of us there (Teso showed up as points were being tallied up at the end-- thanks for the help, friend) and that we showed up a few minutes late.

Plus, we didn't have either of our best players with us.

But next time, Jay and Mike will be there, with any luck.

And we shall show up on time.

And we shall reign supreme once more.

Until then... as long as I'm batting third... I gotta tell you... we're going to fail. It is only through attending these soirees that I've realized... that I am an idiot.

That being said, I did take first place in the "slow" division yet again.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

***

Some random links:

Robert De Niro needs to fire his agent.

Seriously.

***

A brief history of a band who actually came up in last night's contest (the answer was "Electrolite," by the way), R.E.M.

***

Some yawnworthy news.

***

Some slightly more interesting news.

Maybe.

Did you know that Kenny Mayne flip-flopped around Randall Cunningham on the UNLV depth chart?

I sure as hell didn't. I didn't even know he could throw a ball, let alone quarterback a Division I-A team.

***

On a vaguely related note, at 79 years old, Joe Paterno remains one tough son of a bitch.

***

Then again, so is Lance Armstrong.

***

For any of you Thomas Pynchon lovers out there (!), this might interest you.

Or, it might strike you as a colossal waste of time.

***

And finally, you've probably heard about this rumor by now.

Highly, highly dubious (warning: NSFW-- language).



Such a nice girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lady is a vamp but my money is on La Lohan.

David said...

Uch... thanks for killing my buzz.

I must be getting old, because I just don't get La Lohan at all... though it is fun to say "La Lohan," I'll admit.