It may be time to move on.
Yep, that's right.
I think I'm hanging it up.
No more blogging... for now, anyway.
I mean, how many times can I talk about the Eagles, about Ricky Gervais, about bands you've never heard of?
How many times can I talk about myself?
Don't answer that.
Anyway, I started doing this because, as I've told more than a few of you, it was mildly therapeutic.
I was working from home, I was going through a difficult stage, I was looking for some sort of release.
And now, things have pretty much changed completely.
And so, please-- feel free to stop by every once in awhile.
Because I still might post from time to time if the mood hits me.
And I might start this whole thing up again if things take a turn for the worse (though let's hope that that doesn't happen).
But for now, here's a list of my favorite albums of the year, followed by the sound of the door shutting behind me.
Thanks for reading.
20. Phoenix – It’s Never Been Like That
19. Morrissey – Ringleader of the Tormentors
18. Mountain Goats – Get Lonely
17. Division Day – Beartrap Island
16. Flaming Lips – At War with the Mystics
15. Raconteurs – Broken Boy Soldiers
14. Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies
13. Lily Allen – Alright, Still
12. Beirut – Gulag Orkestar
11. Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
10. The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
9. My Morning Jacket – Okonokos
8. Belle & Sebastian – The Life Pursuit
7. Thom Yorke – The Eraser
6. +/- - Let’s Build a Fire
5. Joanna Newsom – Ys
4. TV on the Radio – Return to Cookie Mountain
3. Hold Steady – Boys and Girls in America
2. The Long Winters – Putting the Days to Bed
1. Girl Talk – Night Ripper