Monday, December 18, 2006

Fillmore Jive

It may be time to move on.

Yep, that's right.

I think I'm hanging it up.

No more blogging... for now, anyway.

***

I mean, how many times can I talk about the Eagles, about Ricky Gervais, about bands you've never heard of?

How many times can I talk about myself?

***

Don't answer that.

***

Anyway, I started doing this because, as I've told more than a few of you, it was mildly therapeutic.

I was working from home, I was going through a difficult stage, I was looking for some sort of release.

And now, things have pretty much changed completely.

***

And so, please-- feel free to stop by every once in awhile.

Because I still might post from time to time if the mood hits me.

And I might start this whole thing up again if things take a turn for the worse (though let's hope that that doesn't happen).

But for now, here's a list of my favorite albums of the year, followed by the sound of the door shutting behind me.

Thanks for reading.

***

20. Phoenix – It’s Never Been Like That
19. Morrissey – Ringleader of the Tormentors
18. Mountain Goats – Get Lonely
17. Division Day – Beartrap Island
16. Flaming Lips – At War with the Mystics
15. Raconteurs – Broken Boy Soldiers
14. Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies
13. Lily Allen – Alright, Still
12. Beirut – Gulag Orkestar
11. Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
10. The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
9. My Morning Jacket – Okonokos
8. Belle & Sebastian – The Life Pursuit
7. Thom Yorke – The Eraser
6. +/- - Let’s Build a Fire
5. Joanna Newsom – Ys
4. TV on the Radio – Return to Cookie Mountain
3. Hold Steady – Boys and Girls in America
2. The Long Winters – Putting the Days to Bed
1. Girl Talk – Night Ripper

14 comments:

Jill said...

Say it ain't so! I'm happy you're in a good place, but I'll miss your blog. I might actually have to call you now!

Oh, and one more thing: Beirut above Lily Allen? I thought you were done with him?

Me, I still can't get enough. Love Lon Gisland. The EP. The island itself can go to hell. Well, except for the Brooklyn part.

Anonymous said...

Suck it, Trebek!

Anonymous said...

You cant leave the blog, Dave. I have been a loyal visitor for nearly 6 months. Without it, I am lost. I may kill myself. Live with that, douche.

Anonymous said...

Come back, Dave. Back. In an hour. Get it?

Anonymous said...

Attica! Attica! Attica! Attica!

Anonymous said...

Dave, dont leave the blog. Please dont give up the blog. It has meant so much to me. In fact, I can say with complete sincerity that, aside from my kid being born, the time I spent reading your witty narative included some of the greatest moments in the history of my life.

Anonymous said...

Dave- I hate Jeff. He hurt me and deserves to die alone. L

Anonymous said...

Dude, what are you even doing checking the blog now? Thought it was over.

Anonymous said...

Dave- I left the 76ers because of your decision. AI

Anonymous said...

Dave- If you dont bring back the blog, I will score 3 touchdowns against your team on MNF. T.O.

Anonymous said...

Quit da blog? Are you ouch yo goddam mind??!!!

Anonymous said...

I still miss this blog and it has been almost a year.

頭髮 said...

嫉妒能使人得到短暫的快感,但也能使不幸更辛酸。 ..................................................

vu/34mp4 said...

貼圖寫真視訊援交露點爆乳潮吹裸體裸照裸女愛愛無碼尋夢視訊聊天a漫a片a圖一夜情一葉情人妻激情情色寫真美女自拍辣妹自拍正妹自拍美女走光辣妹走光正妹走光脫衣秀脫衣走光色情自慰自拍成人